Friday, July 6, 2012

::Sigh::

Everything has been a little crazy! Where to start... Well lets start with an hour ago and work backwards..... I found out my Uncle is in ICU with (what I have come to believe is) liver failure.... My Aunt is falling apart (understandably in my opinion) since they have been married since she was 14 (in any other situation that would be quite a romantic statement...). I was going to post earlier today, however we got about 2 cm of rain and our drought ridden City didn't know what to do with itself so our power went out for like an hour...
I was able to spend the 4th with my husband which was a nice treat getting a day in the middle of the week to just relax and spend some time with him. I have started attempting coupon-ing again. Being a substitute is good during the school-year, but nothing during the summer (benefit: I have the summer off! Woot woot! Downfall: no money!).
Last week we had VBS at church. Which was such a great week! We had 32 kindergartners (yes, 32 five-year-old's in one room!) We had so much fun and I got to know more adults in the process. I also brought home 2 more pets! We now have 2 beta fish! Which brings our pet population to up to 3 cats, 2 dogs, and 2 fish! Yes, that is 7 pets! What can I say, we love animals! Our first year anniversary of living in Tennessee has come and gone. I am so happy we moved here. I have my moments where I miss the people (I'm sure everyone has those) but we have met so many amazing people here!
We went back home and spent Father's day with my daddy! It was a quick trip (we got there at 2 am on Saturday morning and left at 2 pm Sunday- For those counting that is 32 hours... Yes, we drove 8 1/2 hours to see my family for 32 hours and drove back another 8 1/2 hours.... We must be crazy).
I found out at the beginning of the summer that my sister is going to have a baby! And we found out last week that it's going to be a girl! I have had my struggles with this since we want a  baby... But in the end I am quite excited for them and I can't wait to help my family spoil her! (that's what aunts are for right? I do understand my sister is going to do the same with our baby, but I'm ok with that!)
I think that sums everything up pretty well... My tomatoes are starting to ripen... I was able to eat my first one of the season today! We are working on clearing things to start a proper garden (since my plants are currently in pots next to my back door). I am planning on planting a fall garden and I can't wait! It's crazy. When I was in high school I HATED working the garden and here I am (don't say anything but my parents were right when they said "one day you will appreciate this knowledge!") SUPER excited about starting a garden here (although in my defense ours will be tiny compared to the 2 acre garden my family had growing up!)
I think that really is about it.... We are off to bed to watch an episode of Star Trek.. Te he he! I am working on keeping up with this better! (No really I'm serious this time... I'm going to eventually get better!)


Here are some VBS picks! So much fun and I wanted to share!





2 comments:

  1. As the sports commentators say, “It‘s all happening!“. Life is clearly incredibly full at the moment, indeed. Out of interest, what does VBS stand for?

    Kudos on being able to have your first tomato of the season - nothing in the world us better than home grown. And great about being an impending aunt too. Clearly that kid is in for some spoiling!

    Hope it‘s a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. VBS stands for Vacation Bible School. It's a week of coming together with students and playing games, and sharing the Bible. It's a lot of fun and everyone seems to get something out of it, even the adults.

    ReplyDelete